Search This Blog

Friday 26 May 2017

Hacking of my Kotak Mahindra Account


I have your card, because I have an account at your Bank at Four Bungalows junction (Andheri west). The Account was opened only because of convenience and to meet any emergency.
My interaction with your current staff has been negligible.
Today, While on my return from Downtown, I received this message as copied below. On alighting, I walked straight into the Bank and asked for action as someone is attempting to hack my account.

Regret your staff response & assistance at this branch, leaves much to be desired. The less said the better. Appreciate if you can investigate the matter and let me know.

As a senior citizen, I do not expect to run around trying to resolve the case. I assume your team would do it for me and ensure my money is in safe hands.




This morning I read this mail sent yesterday as copied below:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <BankAlerts@kotak.com>
Date: Fri, May 26, 2017 at 2:50 PM
Subject: Transaction Failure Alert : Debit Card transaction at Merchant Establishment
To:

Dear Customer,
Your transaction at&nbsp 000479161190992,Canada using Kotak Debit Card XX7997 from your account on 26-05-2017 14:50:03 IST could not be processed due to Unauthorized Usage.. The transaction reference No is 714609880030.
For assistance call our 24 Hrs Customer Contact Centre..


I got a call this morning (30th May 2017 - 07:01am) from 022 42137181, by your lady staff (name withheld). She said she wanted to Block My Debit Card, My Mobile Banking and My Net Banking. The reason being this way the account is secure, and when I feel the need I should visit the Branch, and request to unblock. Then the risk of operating is mine. I find this wierd thinking. I lodge an FIR of a criminal threatening my life, and the Police places me under house arrest, so that my life is not endangered. Then why have a Bank, if my Money cannot be protected.

Received a call this evening (31st May) from Ms Hemlata Singh.
She empathised with me and assured to address all my concerns within 2 days.

I shall wait.

It is now a month(29th June) since Kotak staff called to investigate the matter. They have blocked my Card the past 2 months, but have the temerity to charge me for the same. (see below) What a bunch of cheats. And they are not able to revert and inform from where my card was being hacked.




No comments:

Post a Comment